- what cookies are;
- how you can manage cookies used on our Website;
- where you can find further information about how we keep your personal information safe;
- links to site provides by others;
- further information; and
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that websites place on the device you are using to browse the site. Cookies are commonly used to record some aspect of your visit to a site, such as choices you have made or preferences you have set during your visit and some cookies may collect personal data about you.
- Ensure your security and privacy when in our secure sites;
- Store login details for our secure sites;
- Temporarily store input information in our calculators, basket, illustrations, and demonstrations;
- Provide you with ads that are more relevant to you and your interests, improve our targeting and enhance your journey through our sites;
- Improve our understanding of how you navigate through our sites so we can identify improvements;
- Evaluate our sites’ advertising and promotional effectiveness; and
- We use both our own (first party) and third-party cookies to support these activities.
The types of cookies used on this Website fall into one of four categories – strictly necessary, performance, functionality and targeting. Below is a summary of the types of cookies we use and why we use them:
These cookies are essential for our online services and tools to work. They collect or record information that we need to make our site work.
Other important jobs they do are:
- Help you navigate around the site, and your 4MyPlans or 4MyScheme account
- Allow you to log in or access private areas of our site
- Storing information for e-billing.
These cookies allow us to provide you with enhanced features and personalisation. Functionality cookies allow us to provide you with enhanced features that need to remember your preferences and choices, such as your username, language, or region. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these functions may not function properly. Uses for this type of cookie include:
- Help to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit.
- We use Functionality cookies primarily to identify whether and when you have visited our sites previously.
The information we store in these cookies is encrypted so that only we can read it.
These help us to ensure that the Website is working properly and fix any errors. These also tell us how people are using our Website, and this lets us implement new ideas to improve our products and services.
- Performance cookies do not identify you personally and are not linked to any other personal data we store about you.
- The information collected using these cookies is anonymous and cannot be used to identify an individual visitor.
Targeting cookies permits us – through our third-party service providers – to identify whether and when you have seen or clicked on a particular Broadstone advertisement on a third-party website. These cookies remember that you have visited our site as well as what interested you on our site, such as the pages you viewed.
They do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less personalised advertising.
These cookies are also used to limit the number of times you may see advertising content and to tailor the messaging we serve you. They may measure brand awareness and effectiveness, and to help us understand the value of that advertising on your relationship with Broadstone.