We provide impartial and expert advice to a wide range of investors, including individuals, families, trusts, private and public companies, charities and other institutions.
Our aim is to ensure that clients’ investments are fully aligned with their long-term financial objectives.
Our advice is free from any conflicts of interest, unlike other financial institutions which may have their own products to sell.
How we can help
There is a significant and wide ranging expertise within our team of experienced investment professionals that we can draw on to assist you with:
- Setting long term investment strategy and governance;
- Implementation of the strategy through the careful selection of suitable investment managers;
- Ongoing reviews to assess the success of the chosen investment managers on a risk-adjusted basis; and
The selection and ongoing monitoring of suitable cash-based investments.
Our full investment services
Click on each of the below to find out more about how our investment services deliver the best outcomes for our clients.
Investment strategy & governance
Our starting point is to ensure that we fully understand your particular circumstances, values and financial aspirations. Then we work with you to develop and document an agreed strategy which reflects these. This process includes:
- Defining the core investment objectives, philosophy, permissible investment universe and key restrictions, including any Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) considerations.
- For larger organisations or families, reviewing investment governance, allocation of roles/responsibilities, establishing a clear decision-making process.
- Determining a suitable investment strategy for assets within a portfolio.
- Deciding on the most appropriate way of gaining exposure to each asset class.
- Establishing/reviewing the framework and parameters for Tactical Asset Allocation (TAA) decisions.
- Individuals and families can receive wider financial planning assistance on the full range of issues including life assurance, long-term cash flow planning and pensions planning.
Investment manager selection & review
When it comes to implementing your chosen strategy, we use our wide ranging investment manager research skills to coordinate a structured yet flexible process to select third party discretionary fund managers or choose a range of third party investment funds. The approach that we adopt will simply depend on your particular preferences and requirements.
Our process includes:
- Coordinating a tailored process to select third party investment managers matched to individual investor requirements.
- Reviewing both wealth managers and specialist single asset class funds (across traditional and alternative asset classes), helping clients appoint the right manager(s) with the appropriate credentials, offering and track record for their mandate(s).
- In-depth due diligence reviews on existing and potential new appointments, including consideration of key contractual documentation.
- Reviews will take account of the investment managers’: people & organisation; investment process; proposed investment solution including ESG considerations; governance and controls; and quality of reporting.
- Ensuring investment manager fees are competitive.
Environmental, social and governance considerations
Many clients are increasingly investing with environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors in mind. We can help asset owners establish an appropriate ESG strategy.
- Helping clients to navigate the growing and increasingly complex ESG Investment landscape.
- Designing and helping to implement investment strategies that aim to achieve positive social and environmental outcomes.
- Helping investors to avoid risks associated with social and environmental factors.
Portfolio performance, reporting & oversight
Given the time and effort that goes into developing investment objectives, identifying and appointing the right investment manager(s), and implementing the agreed solution, it is imperative that the performance and activity of your investment manager(s) is regularly measured against specific and meaningful benchmarks. This includes:
- In depth and impartial reporting, analysis and evaluation of investment performance; consideration of key drivers of investment returns including the impact of TAA and stock selection, currency hedging and market protection strategies.
- Ongoing oversight of discretionary investment manager activity and how this aligns with the defined parameters.
- Participation in investment review meetings and briefing on key issues for consideration.
- Independent counsel on ad hoc investment queries.
Treasury & Counterparty Risk Management
Cash is a hugely important but often neglected asset class. Our Treasury investment specialists have an in-depth understanding of the issues faced and approaches taken by leading global investors with the liquidity component of their portfolios. We can assist with:
- Advice on the selection of cash-based investments including deposits and government-backed instruments.
- For individuals, trusts and family companies access to an innovative cash platform that provides the ability to diversify across a number of banks, availing of competitive interest rates and multiple regulatory protections, whilst keeping administration to a minimum.
- Designing or reviewing a Treasury Investment Policy.
- Assessing and mitigating counterparty credit risk whether we are recommending cash instruments for or supporting the investor in their decision making where they are selecting them.
- Advice on setting investment strategy, implementation, monitoring performance and benchmarking for low-risk cash, cash equivalent and fixed-income portfolios.