The purpose of this role is to primarily support IT with 3rd line issues with the infrastructure and key systems. Also as the senior person in the Sheffield IT team you will be expected to manage day to day IT staff requests. As the senior representative of IT in Sheffield, you will be required to deal with issues brought up by business managers.
You will have in depth knowledge and experience of critical infrastructure and systems. You will have a broad knowledge of the current and upcoming applications and languages in order to advise and support the business.
You will be comfortable balancing operational and project demands and will be expected to take a lead role in projects within IT.
- Senior Site contact, responsible for all aspects of users & applications
- Helpdesk Administration, queue management, user support and fault resolution
- Database support and administration of SQL databases
- 3rd line support of critical systems, Windows SQL, Exchange server and VMWare
- 3rd line support of critical network and security infrastructure
- Adherence to data security, data protection and GDPR
- Directly reporting to Infrastructure & Services Manage
- Run and work on small departmental projects from time-to-time
- Produce project documentation
- Work with the IT team providing business analyst skills as required
- Provide additional support and input to the business as required
- Provide input to the IT group meetings
- Ensure that your calendar and any shift rotas are maintained in a timely manner
- Ensure your work area is always tidy and presentable
- Always be mindful of the IT commercials and cost/benefit analysis
- Always be mindful of wastage and operational efficiencies
- Ensure you are aware of relevant FCA regulations for AML and Financial Crime
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
- Appropriate IT qualifications and accreditations
- Preferable employment history in a Financial Institute
- In depth knowledge of SQL and Oracle database technologies
- In depth working experience of the common user applications required i.e.
- Microsoft application suite
- Knowledge of the operational and support aspects of computer systems, hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
- In depth working knowledge of SAN technologies (EMC)
- In depth working knowledge of LAN, WAN and Firewall technologies
- In depth knowledge of equipment, Cisco, Aruba, Meraki and Barracuda
- In-depth working knowledge of Windows XP & Windows 7 knowledge & support experience
- In-depth SQL support experience
- In-depth laptop/desktop support experience
- In-depth server support experience
- In-depth printer installation & support experience
- Good working knowledge and experience of developing in HTML, JAVA and PHP
- Confident in supporting Blackberry, 3G and Mobile devices
- Basic telephony support including IP telephony
- Broad understanding of differing technologies
- Appropriate ITIL Certificate
- Employment history in small/mid-sized Investment Banking firms
- Share Point Development and support experience
- Support and development using web tools HTML, JAVA and PHP
- Support and development of Apache, Tomcat based systems
- Adhere to all relevant laws & regulations, and Broadstone Policies & Procedures
- Achieve a good standard of ethical behaviour, i.e. do the right thing at all times
- Comply with all relevant professional standards
- Comply with the FCA’s requirements in relation to Conduct Risk & Treating Customers Fairly.