Senior Investment Consultant
Broadstone offers full Investment Consulting services to both trustees and sponsors of pension schemes across both defined benefit and defined contribution markets, along with fiduciary selection and oversight services. Broadstone may also provide advice to charities, insurers and other professional clients on a range of investment issues.
The Senior Investment Consultant is responsible for supporting and delivering the consulting services of Broadstone and will report to the Investment Consulting Director.
The role holder is responsible for maintaining and developing client relationships over time through the provision of investment advice. The role has signing authority on regulated advice and is held accountable by the FCA.
- Identifying suitable investment strategies based on ALM output, including liaison with Scheme Actuary over liability profile;
- Running and interpreting asset liability models (“ALM”);
- Undertaking performance and risk assessment of portfolios;
- Including the provision of advice relating to the establishment, maintenance and development of interest rate and inflation hedges;
- Attending trustees’ meeting to lead discussions on investment issues including presentation of performance monitoring reports and discussion of topical investment matters; and
- Identifying suitable investment structures to implement strategies, taking into account individual client’s circumstances and preferences;
- Conducting investment manager selection exercises, leading clients to reach decisions on managers;
- Agreeing the basis of and overseeing transfers of assets between investment managers;
- Conducting investment manager research and formulating views on investment managers’ capabilities;
- Assessing investment management agreements and negotiating terms with investment management providers;
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of market practice and legislation;
- Presenting the different investment requirements of defined benefit and defined contribution schemes, including AVCs, and suitable investment options.
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
The Senior Investment Consultant will:
- Delegate tasks effectively and manage variable, sometimes high, workloads;
- Build excellent relationships with clients and ensure client needs are identified and met;
- Be involved with clients, know what Broadstone does for the client and think of what Broadstone might do in addition;
- Communicate clearly;
- Checking and peer review the work of others within the Investment Consulting team;
- Share ideas and present persuasive arguments;
- Work to agreed deadlines, giving regular progress reports; and
- Demonstrate commercial awareness.
- Appropriate industry qualifications, preferably FIA or CFA; and
- Experience in UK pension fund investment consultancy.
- Adhere to all relevant laws & regulations, and Broadstone Policies & Procedures
- Achieve a good standard of ethical behaviour, i.e. do the right thing at all times
- Comply with all relevant professional standards
- Comply with the FCA’s requirements in relation to Conduct Risk & Treating Customers Fairly