Working with members of the IT team, on a day-to-day basis reporting to the IT Infrastructure and Services Manager (based in London). The IT Service Desk Technician provides first-line support to the users and workstations of the BROADSTONE IT infrastructure. The position is based in Manchester and will require travel to Liverpool as and when required.
- Providing first-line technical support to users through the IT service desk, on the ‘phone, Skype for Business and on a face-to-face basis,
- Monitoring the IT systems; prioritising and addressing any problems that may occur,
- Escalating any second-line and above support to the appropriate team member,
- Ensuring all support tasks are logged and documented accurately,
- Any other ad-hoc tasks assigned by a senior member of the team.
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
A successful candidate must demonstrate the following skills or qualities:
- Attention to detail,
- Good verbal and written communication skills; specifically discussing technical subjects with non-technical staff,
- Strong problem-solving skills,
- Capable working alone and as part of a team,
- Able to prioritise and work to a deadline,
- Familiarity with the Data Protection Act (1998), the General Data Protection Regulation (2016) and the principles defined therein.
The company employs a variety of technologies in its IT infrastructure, experience with the following is essential:
- Microsoft software:
- Windows 7 and above,
- Microsoft Office 2013 suite,
- Communication systems (e.g. Exchange, Skype for Business),
- Working with a helpdesk-like platform.
- The setup of workstation equipment such as computers, telephones, network cabling, etc.
- Diagnosing faults with hardware (e.g. Laptop and Desktop computers),
- Replacing and upgrading components.
- Fundamental concepts: TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, DHCP, HTTP & HTTPS.
In addition to the essential proficiencies listed above, some experience or familiarity with the following would be desirable:
- Microsoft Active Directory,
- Working knowledge of SQL,
- Centralised telephony systems (e.g. Avaya).
- Adhere to all relevant laws & regulations, and Broadstone Policies & Procedures
- Achieve a good standard of ethical behaviour, i.e. do the right thing at all times
- Comply with all relevant professional standards
- Comply with the FCA’s requirements in relation to Conduct Risk & Treating Customers Fairly