Working within the Finance team, this role is primarily responsible for assisting with the Purchase Ledger / Accounts Payable and Sales Ledger / Accounts Receivable functions of the business and Broadstone group. Cover of these roles during holiday absence will also feature within this role.
Purchase Ledger / Accounts Payable
- Enter invoices onto the Purchase Ledger timely and accurately
- Resolve all supplier queries in a timely manner
- Manage supplier payments, including loading of payments onto the bank BACS/online facility
- Reconcile supplier accounts
- Provide updates of any supplier issues arising which may cause problems
- Enter onto the accounting system, manage and pay employee expense claims
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required
Sales Ledger / Accounts Receivable
- Enter & create invoices & credit notes in the Sales Ledger timely and accurately
- Interpret information provided by the timecard system and staff to create customer invoices
- Resolve all customer queries and disputes in a timely & professional manner
- Accurate processing and allocation of customer receipts, following up on missing remittance advices.
- Maintain credit control of outstanding debt, ensuring targeted levels are achieved.
- Entering and reconciling 3rd party commission payment’s into Commpay system
- Any other ad hoc duties as required
- Maintaining adequate and accurate records of transactions including scanning and retention of original documents
- Reconciliation of main bank accounts
- Accurately recording and reconciling bank transactions to the accounting system
- Cooperating with external auditors at times of interim and final audits
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
- Previous experience gained in an accounting or finance department environment.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Excel
- Experienced user of core accounting packages (Sage X3 preferable)
- Analytical and numerical ability
- Able to analyse, evaluate, interpret and present data
- Able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines, with can do attitude
- Adaptable and flexible to new tasks & workloads
- Competent user of other Microsoft Office packages (Outlook, Word)
- Confident in written and verbal communications with internal staff and external parties
- GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English, Grade C and above
- Experience of professional services & investment management businesses would be an advantage.
- Experience of the Sage X3 accounting system
- Adhere to all relevant laws & regulations, and Broadstone Policies & Procedures
- Achieve a good standard of ethical behaviour, i.e. do the right thing at all times
- Comply with all relevant professional standards
- Comply with the FCA’s requirements in relation to Conduct Risk & Treating Customers Fairly