Value Your People – Employee Wellbeing
It is a renowned fact people are a business’s most valuable asset! Yet despite this, there is still some lethargy towards the wellbeing of staff with the subject often pushed to the side in favour of what is perceived to be more pressing issues. We can help you realise the value of a successful employee wellbeing program, from its inception right through to implementation and evaluation.
Around 30% of a person’s life is spent working. It is no surprise that many health issues suffered by employees are exasperated by their workplace environment. For example, work related stress, the direct result of mental and emotional pressure, can seriously affect a person’s general wellbeing.
These (and other issues such as resulting disease) negatively affect performance in your business which quickly degenerates towards:
- Decreasing functionality and mobility
- Poor decision making
- Reduced efficiency
- Slower output
- Hindered continuity
- Skills gaps
- Increased sick leave
- Higher claims on your health and risk policies
- Reduced bottom line
At Broadstone, we take this seriously. We are urging every company to review their corporate wellbeing strategy. A strategy can include many things, for example, the inclusion of Group Risk and Healthcare products, Employee Assistance Programmes, health assessments, wellbeing workshops and increasingly popular online resources and technological ‘health’ devices.
Perhaps it sounds daunting? But our advisers can create an inclusive wellbeing programme, tailored specifically to your budget and staff profile and capable of ensuring that you are doing all that you can to future-proof your business and limit negative impact to your bottom line.
We build a wellbeing strategy through the following process:
- Profiling: Staff demographics, lifestyle, working environment and key functions carried out on a daily-basis
- Advising: On prevention and early intervention strategies
- Looking: At intervention opportunities
- Evaluating: Return on investment – having good wellbeing benefits can have a positive impact on your bottom line
Know Your Options
There are many high value low cost solutions available. Investing in the right health initiatives for your company, building an appropriate wellbeing strategy and ensuring you have an appropriate risk management structure in place will benefit both your company and your staff for the long-term.
We can help scope out your wellbeing strategy by formulating the most appropriate options to suit you, your workforce and your budget. A strategy could include one or more of the following:
- Group Risk and Healthcare Products
- Employee Assistance Programmes (EAPs) – (Online and offline support in areas such as debt, stress, mental health, weight loss, smoking cessation)
- Health Screenings and Assessments
- Wellbeing Workshops – (Advice on nutrition, sleep and exercise to limit stress and help prevent disease)
- Online Programmes – (Such as virtual GP services and wellbeing apps)
- Fitness Devices – (Including Fitbits and step-counters)