Are you a pensions administrator looking for a change? Are you keen to develop a technical specialism in systems and data analysis? This may be the role for you!
Reporting to the Application Support Manager, you’ll be working as part of a small but dynamic team manipulating data, undertaking data checks, reporting and analysis. Our colleagues are our clients and our most important customer. You will offer them first-class service in supporting requests for information, new reports, extracts, and database changes.
There is excellent career development/progression opportunity in this role.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Work with other members of the team to manage the incoming post in the team mailbox;
- Undertake any tasks or projects that are necessary to achieve team and company objectives;
- Manipulate and load new client data on to our administration systems (primarily using Excel);
- Produce insightful reports and analysis on member data, such as gap analysis, membership movements etc.
- Extract key messages from complex data analysis and communicate these effectively;
- Provide support and guidance on applications for end-point users;
- Resolve user-submitted problems and questions;
- Ensure quality delivery against agreed timescales and priorities;
- Provide support and cover for other members of the team as required;
- Ensure that change and security control procedures are followed;
- Comply with all relevant policies and procedures; work to ISO standards;
- Support our company values
|Education, Skills & Knowledge|
|Educated to A level or equivalent||Essential|
|At least 2 years’ experience of Defined Benefit pension scheme administration with a sound understanding of legislation and guidance||Essential|
|Working knowledge of Windows and MS Office applications||Essential|
|Advanced Excel skills (i.e. complex formulas)||Essential|
|Excellent data manipulation and interpretation skills using Excel||Essential|
|Good analytical skills and attention to detail combined with the ability to extract key messages from complex analysis||Essential|
|Ability to analyse and interpret information, pre-empt and evaluate issues, and recommend appropriate course of action to address the issues||Essential|
|Good problem-solving skills and be proactive in researching solutions||Essential|
|Excellent written and oral communication skills||Essential|
|A team player, able to build relationships and work well in a team||Essential|
|A self-starter and self-motivated, able to work independently when required||Essential|
|An appreciation of how technology supports business needs||Essential|
|Keen to develop your technical skills plus knowledge of trust-based pension management||Essential|
|Determined, persistent and proactive; wants to understand, analyse and improve||Essential|