Reporting to the Administration Support Team Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of various event activities and other income generating projects for pension schemes of various size and complexity.
- Work closely with the administration teams to ensure scheme event activities are delivered accurately and on time. Examples:
- Active benefit statements
- Deferred benefit statements
- Pension increases
- Valuation data extracts
- TPR Record Keeping analysis
- Buy-in / Buy-out data extracts
- Work with the Head of Pensions Administration to ensure regular cross-scheme activities are delivered accurately and on time. Examples:
- Continuous Mortality Screening
- Address Tracing
- Overseas Pensioner Existence Exercises
- Orphan Pension Reviews
- Work closely with the administration teams, Client Relationship Managers and clients to ensure administration services for new schemes are transitioned to Broadstone effectively and on time.
- Be involved, and sometimes lead, on other income generating projects involving data extraction, manipulation, analysis and delivery.
- Create project plans for larger projects and ensure all key stakeholders complete their required actions.
- Report potential barriers to successful completion of an event/project to the Administration Support Team Manager. Recommend solutions and implement these solutions once agreed.
- Continually review event processes for improvement opportunities.
- Continually review process documentation to ensure adequacy for training purposes.
- Be flexible and provide such other support that would be deemed reasonable within the role.
- Ensure all work that leaves the team is of a high standard.
- Provide assistance on ad-hoc projects when required.
- To attend Trustee meetings and other client meetings as required.
- To monitor target dates on the work monitoring system to ensure agreed target dates are met for Clients.
- To update the time recording system on a daily basis.
- Ensure all standard documents used by the team are reviewed in response to any changes in procedures or statutory requirements.
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
- Ability to prioritise and manage team workload, dealing with any urgent issues that arise
- Ability to use initiative to identify solutions and improve processes
- Ability to work under pressure
- Analytical and numerical ability – able to analyse, evaluate and interpret data
- Excel skills need to be of a very high standard
- Familiarity with SQL would be helpful
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work on own as well as a member of a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to identify solutions
- Flexible and adaptable in approach to work
- Good team player
- You will have a background in pension administration and will have specifically been involved in data extraction, analysis and production of accurate data for major pension scheme events.
- You will be adept at performing pension scheme calculations.
- You will have a methodical and logical approach to your work and possess project management skills, which will enable you to control the process and deliver accurate and efficient results.
- You will have a keen eye for detail.
- Educated to A Level standard (or equivalent).
- Achieve a good standard of ethical behaviour
- Comply with the firm’s Treating Customers Fairly principles
- Comply with the firm’s regulatory obligations (as set out in the current Compliance Manual or bulletins issued from time to time)
- Engage and deal with other parties subject to appropriate standards and in compliance with the requirements of The Bribery Act 2010