To assist in the rectification and equalisation of GMPs. Responsibilities will include preparing and analysing data, calculations and letters/reports for review by colleagues, and system updates
Working closely with the administration teams, you will be actively involved in all aspects of GMP reconciliation and equalisation work.
You will have a background in GMP reconciliation and/or scheme administration and will possess a keen eye for detail. You will have a methodical and logical approach to your work and possess project management skills, which will enable you to control the process and deliver accurate and efficient results.
You will be adept at performing pension scheme calculations, and also have the following experience:
- An understanding of the GMP Reconciliation process in terms of how it works and what it aims to achieve
- An understanding of how to use HMRC’s Shared Workspace tool
- An understanding of how a GMP is formed and the various revaluations attached to a GMP
- A good understanding of Excel
As part of any rectification/equalisation work agreed with clients and as directed by managers
you will be required to:
- maintain membership records on the administration system.
- calculate benefits for members.
- deal with queries from members, the employer and the trustees by telephone, email and letter.
- liaise closely with consultants and the administration teams, as required.
- index and file client documentation.
- adhere at all times to all relevant practice and procedures.
- monitor target dates on the work log system to ensure service level standards are met
- update time records on the work log system and/or other system on a daily basis.
- be flexible and provide such other support as would be reasonably expected within the role.
- To ensure that all work that leaves the team is accurate and of a high standard
- To attend Trustee meetings and other client meetings as required
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work on own as well as a member of a team
- Analytical and numerical ability – able to analyse, evaluate and interpret data
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritise workloads and deal with any urgent issues that arise
- Experience of supervising and mentoring junior staff
- Delegation skills – able to distribute work to others
- Ability to identify solutions
- Educated to A Level standard (or equivalent)
- GMP and/or pension scheme administration
- Willing to study for relevant professional qualifications
- Adhere to all relevant laws & regulations, and Broadstone Policies & Procedures
- Achieve a good standard of ethical behaviour, i.e. do the right thing at all times
- Comply with all relevant professional standards
- Comply with the FCA’s requirements in relation to Conduct Risk & Treating Customers Fairly