To assist with the administration of schemes entering the Pension Protection Fund (PPF) and to be responsible for a team of PPF Admin staff and the services provided to PPF clients by the team.
The PPF administration team provides specialist administration and defined benefits pension consultancy services to pension scheme trustees, the Pension Protection Fund and other third parties. The role involves working with colleagues in BROADSTONE, the PPF, independent trustees and other third parties.
The PPF Administration team help schemes with insolvent employers through the PPF assessment period, making sure that members of these schemes get correct benefits and the best possible outcome, whether that is transfer to the PPF or buyout with an insurance company.
- First line responsibility for all people management within the team including training, personal development and performance reviews.
- Monitor internal team procedures and systems at all times and initiate changes as required and as agreed with the PPF Manager.
- Ensure that all team members comply with the Group Scheme Administration Manual and BROADSTONE Compliance Manual.
- Monitor target due dates to ensure service level agreements and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are met for PPF clients
- Ensure that all work to be done by the team is entered on the work flow system on a daily basis and that it is kept updated when work is completed.
- Review work of senior colleagues, the PPF Manager and PPF Director as and when required.
- Ensure that all work carried out by the team is done efficiently and accurately.
- To ensure all standard documents for PPF clients are used and reviewed regularly
- Initiate and take instructions from the PPF Manager and/or PPF Director on providing technical updates and topical issues to staff.
- Ensure that all clients are billed within the time limits agreed with the PPF Manager, PPF Consultants and PPF Director. Assist with the drafting and reviewing of the team’s PPF project plans and budgets
- Manage the project plan and budget by regularly reviewing and escalate any queries or concerns on deadlines and overspends to PPF Manager
- Develop and maintain a customer service focus (with clear TCF considerations) within the team.
- To attend PPF, Trustee meetings and other meetings as required
- Actively keep the PPF Consultants responsible for each client informed of relevant matters arising and developments affecting their clients, particularly any actual/potential problems (and also the PPF Manager and PPF Director).
- Assist with miscellaneous job-related tasks and projects as requested by the PPF Manager, PPF Director and PPF Consultants.
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
- To be customer/service-focused, with the ability to develop strong relationships (and instil confidence) with clients and colleagues.
- To have good delegation skills and the ability to manage staff.
- To have good time management skills, to be task orientated and organised with the ability to multi-task and to work under pressure.
- To use initiative and be a good problem solver.
- To ensure that the company’s exposure to liability is protected as much as possible at all times.
- To have good technical knowledge and to keep up-to-date with all changes in legislation.
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent
- Experience carrying out a similar role with a Third-Party-Administrator or in-house pension scheme
- Studying towards the Advanced Diploma in Retirement Provision (APMI)
- Previous or some working knowledge of PPF processes an advantage but not necessary (full training will be provided)
- Achieve a good standard of ethical behaviour
- Comply with the FCA’s requirements in relation to Conduct Risk & Treating Customers Fairly
- Comply with requirements in relation to investment work
- Comply with the firm’s regulatory obligations (as set out in the current Compliance Manual or bulletins issued from time to time)
- Engage and deal with other parties subject to appropriate standards and in compliance with the requirements of The Bribery Act 2010
- Maintain necessary coaching and assessment skills
- Ensure that direct reports have complied with the firm’s Treating Customers Fairly principles.
- Maintain relevant technical skills to act as competent supervisor where performing that function