IT Service Desk Technician
Working with members of the IT team, on a day-to-day basis with the more senior IT Technician and reporting to the IT Team Leader (in Sheffield) the IT Service Desk Technician provides first-line support to the users and workstations of the BROADSTONE IT infrastructure.
- Providing first-line technical support to users through the IT service desk, on the ‘phone, Skype for Business and on a face-to-face basis
- Monitoring the IT systems; prioritising and addressing any problems that may occur
- Escalating any second-line and above support to the appropriate team member
- Ensuring all support tasks are logged and documented accurately
- At all times being aware of data protection adhering to data security requirements
- Occasion travel to and working from other Broadstone offices
- Any other ad-hoc tasks assigned by a senior member of the team
Skills and Experience
A successful candidate must demonstrate the following skills or qualities:
- Attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills; specifically discussing technical subjects with non-technical matters
- Documentation skill i.e. creating a user guide
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Capable working alone and as part of a team
- Able to prioritise and work to a deadline
- Familiarity with the Data Protection Act (1998), the General Data Protection Regulation (2016) and the principles defined therein
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
The company employs a variety of technologies in its IT infrastructure, experience with the following is essential:
- Microsoft software:
- Windows 7 and Windows 10,
- Microsoft Office 2013 suite,
- Communication systems (e.g. Exchange, Skype for Business),
- Working with a helpdesk-like platform.
- The setup of workstation equipment such as computers, telephones, network cabling, etc.
- Diagnosing faults with hardware (e.g. Laptop and Desktop computers),
- Replacing and upgrading components.
Fundamental concepts: TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, DHCP, HTTP & HTTPS.
In addition to the essential proficiencies listed above, some experience or familiarity with the following would be desirable:
- Microsoft Active Directory,
- Working knowledge of SQL,
- Centralised telephony systems (e.g. Avaya).