We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join us as a Business Development Executive (BDE). This role is critical to the progress of the Broadstone brand. As the Business Development Executive, you will be required to support the Marketing and Business Development teams across Broadstone’s UK offices.
The BDE liaises with Stream Heads, Wider Business Development Team, and the Marketing Department on all matters pertaining to producing copy and new business submissions. You will also work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager and the wider Business Development Executive as well as having an integral line of communication with our Head of Sales.
- Work with the proposition heads to pro-actively identify and drive areas for strategic growth and success in order to drive opportunities for the wider BDT
- Build strong and productive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Live the brand values and act as an ambassador for the business at all times
- In conjunction with the marketing team write and develop compelling copy in support of marketing campaigns
- Edit marketing material to ensure it is straightforward and easy for clients/prospects to understand
- Ensure all external marketing collateral is Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and BROADSTONE brand compliant. (You will be required to develop detailed understanding of these requirements to ensure all material adheres to them).
- Develop a full understanding of the Broadstone proposition, ensuring that it is positioned effectively and consistently in all communications and proposals
- When appropriate, help with outbound sales calls in order to gain greater insight into the process, and to help the BDT create opportunities. You will be working closely with other members of the team to help you develop these skills
- Prepare material for internal and external presentations, including research using both Broadstone information systems and external open source material
- Prepare regular reports to ensure relevant stakeholders are aware of the Business Development Team activity and its effectiveness.
- Create and maintain standard RFP responses to enable these to be prepared and submitted in a timely manner
- Assist the Business Development Team to build prospective client relationships through the utilisation of engaging content and innovative approaches to marketing
- Co-ordinate and project manage in conjunction with the Business Development Team the preparation and submission of proposals/tenders
- Draft/amend fee proposals, reports and presentations as required
- Carry out any other duties that may be outside the standard remit as may be reasonably required by the Company including those for the purpose of personal development
- Increase personal knowledge and skills in order to develop technical and product knowledge
- Take personal responsibility for ensuring compliance and regulatory requirements are met within the Business Development function
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
- Graduate level
- Excellent communication skills; spoken and written
- Experience in developing and writing copy for all forms of media e.g. website, social media etc.
- Knowledge of presentation and simulation tools such as; Adobe, Articulate etc.
- Computer literate (MS Office) and quick to learn new IT skills/software usage
- Good self-motivation and high enthusiasm levels
- Ability to work independently and prioritise own workload to meet the Prospect, Client and Consultant needs
- Attention to detail when producing reports, proposals, tender responses, data or other analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills and stakeholder management to allow you to engage with the business users and Business Development Team
- Creative problem solver who can identify and provide solutions to a customer’s needs
- Flexible with a strong desire to be part of a challenging and change oriented environment
- Data Management regulations and internal processes
- Some travel may be required within the UK to attend prospect meetings and or offices within the Group
- Ability to readily absorb and communicate technical information clearly
- Adhere to all relevant laws & regulations, and Broadstone Policies & Procedures
- Achieve a good standard of ethical behaviour, i.e. do the right thing at all times
- Comply with all relevant professional standards
- Comply with the FCA’s requirements in relation to Conduct Risk & Treating Customers Fairly