To perform a mixture of data migrations, process automation, general software maintenance and to support the administration teams in transitions, scheme event and other project work for a mixture of defined benefit, defined contribution, hybrid and CARE based schemes.
The role reports to the appropriate Senior Application Consultant of the Application Support Team.
- Undertake scheme data migrations, including data map preparation, query log collation, full audit and any other documentation needed to demonstrate the work has been completed to the highest standard
- Attend project meetings as required and prepare scheme information documents to ensure a smooth transition for new business
- Create automated routines, including member calculations, benefit statements and pension increases, ensuring adequate documentation has been prepared proving the routine generates the expected results
- Prepare reports and data extracts as requested by the administration team, ensuring adequate documentation has been prepared proving the extract contains the expected results
- Complete support work where required, including but not limited to; DC processing (e.g. leavers/monthly contribution cycles/investment switches), pension increase and benefit statement exercises, and investigating and resolving system warnings or errors
- Monitoring of the Application Support mailbox, ensuring any work requests are logged and resolved in a timely manner, and where required, assigned to an appropriate team member
- Assist with testing upgrades to ensure system stability before global rollout
- Be aware of IT policy and guidelines and ensure all completed work adheres accordingly
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
- Organised approach to project work
- Highly computer literate
- Highly numerate with exceptional analytical skills.
- A sound pensions technical knowledge
- Experience with a variety of scheme types (e.g. DC, DB and CARE)
- Attention to detail & commitment to providing a quality service
- The ability to work independently & as part of a team
- The ability and willingness to work within a project environment, often to strict deadlines
- Problem solving skills & initiative.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally & in writing
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience carrying out a similar role within the pensions or financial services industry, or at least 3 years’ experience working in a pensions administration or project role
- Advanced MS Office skills, in particular, Excel and Word
- Relevant professional qualifications (APMI or similar)
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Knowledge of programming languages such as VB, SQL and C# would be highly beneficial
- Adhere to all relevant laws & regulations, and Broadstone Policies & Procedures
- Achieve a good standard of ethical behaviour, i.e. do the right thing at all times
- Comply with all relevant professional standards
- Comply with the FCA’s requirements in relation to Conduct Risk & Treating Customers Fairly